Sunday, November 21, 2010

What software do you recommend for changing sounds I record on my computer?

So, if I record a song through Audacity, what program can I load that song onto, highlight a selected area, and then change the original sound? Example: I record a song using audacity and its just an organ sound, but I want to highlight the selected sound and convert it to a strings sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated!What software do you recommend for changing sounds I record on my computer?
All sound that you record are flat... that means the binary data can't be morphed into something else. They are just that.



What you need are samples. There are a lot of samples free or payed of various instruments that can be looped and mixed the way you want. That's how the pros do it with only some pros having equipment to produce their own samples.



If it would be possible to do what you need with a program, I doubt those people would go through all the trouble to invest in expensive equipment.