Sunday, November 21, 2010

When teachers put in a grade for a report, are they then able to change it? Will it change for record aswell?

My teacher has just recently given me a C (76%) for an English class for a missing assignment that after-school I had informed her that I had turned in late, and she does not have it. She told me that my grade is now an B+ (86%) and that she will change it. But is that actually possible? Can she change the grade on the computer, and will that grade change on my permanent record too? Or was she lying to me?When teachers put in a grade for a report, are they then able to change it? Will it change for record aswell?
Not lying at all. We teachers are human, after all, and mistakes are sometimes made. Schools' grading systems are set up to account for this. Generally, all a teacher has to do is fill out a %26quot;change of grade%26quot; form, turn it in to office personnel, and that's it.



I recommend waiting two weeks, and then checking to see if the grade has been changed on your official records. If it hasn't been, ask the teacher about it -- but please, try to do so politely. If a mistake was made, the odds are it was made by someone else (like some office flunky losing the form).When teachers put in a grade for a report, are they then able to change it? Will it change for record aswell?
Yes, she can change it.